The Rivers of Hope Toolkit
The Rivers of Hope Toolkit is a free, downloadable resource for Muslim women who have been through Islamophobic violence.
How was the Toolkit developed?
The Toolkit was written by Sidrah Ahmad-Chan, with the goal of summarizing and distributing the results of her Master's research project on Islamophobic violence against Muslim women in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Toolkit was designed and illustrated by Azza Abbarro.
Although the Toolkit was orginally designed for Muslim women, we hope that it has something to offer for anyone who is affected by Islamophobia or racism.
What does the Toolkit include?
- A summary of Sidrah's research study on Islamophobic violence against Muslim women in the Greater Toronto Area
- Quotes from survivors of Islamophobic violence
- Poetry by Muslim women on the topic of Islamophobia
- Do's and Don'ts for supporting survivors of
- The 4 D's of bystander intervention
- Support resources for people who have been through Islamophobic violence
- Reporting options